As a student in the pre-engineering program at Hastings College, you have options!
Most students spend four years at Hastings earning a bachelor’s degree in physics — which gives you the expertise and background you need to be a successful engineer. After graduation, students then pursue a two-year masters of engineering degree at a university of their choosing — and many students get paid to complete their masters!
This combination allows you to explore engineering areas in smaller classes with more faculty support at Hastings College while completing hands-on projects at to uncover your strengths. Our faculty want you to succeed!
You’ll find Hastings grads all over the country — and world — in places like:
- Space – Retired NASA Astronaut Clayton Anderson graduated from Hastings College in physics!
- Graduate programs at Purdue University, the University of Kansas Medical Center, Clemson University, the University of Colorado and the University of Nebraska
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Max Planck Institute for Radio Astronomy in Germany
- Micron Technology
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Teaching at the collegiate level
Create your future
See for yourself how we tailor your education to your talents and your goals. Schedule a visit and we’ll demonstrate how Hastings will inspire you to reach your potential, or if you’re a high school senior, apply today.