International Students at Hastings
Hastings College has a long and successful history of educating international students. With students from more than a 20 countries around the world on campus any given semester, you’ll find Hastings and the Midwestern community that surrounds the College a welcoming and diverse place to call home.
We know it’s a difficult decision to move away from home to a different country for your college/university education. But we firmly believe experiencing a different culture is one of the best decisions you’ll ever make!
At our friendly and safe community and campus in the central United States, you’ll find academic success and opportunities to experience a multitude of campus activities. In fact, we have more than 50 student groups and organizations — and all are here to help you meet new people, experience new things and build your leadership skills.
Hastings College is one of the top private colleges in the region. With a student-faculty ratio of 13:1 and average class size of just 13 students, our faculty get to know you and have the opportunity to work with you one-on-one to help you succeed.
Virtual/Online Campus Tour and Visit
Check out our beautiful campus on our video tour webpage.
You can also schedule a personalized virtual tour on our Campus Visit page. These online tours last about an hour and include a one-on-one appointment with the Director of International Programs, and faculty and activity sponsors from your areas of interest.
Admissions to Hastings College is based on your secondary grades, exam scores and essay. There is no application fee.
The recommended deadline to apply is April 1 for fall starts and September 1 for spring starts. This allows time for you to obtain a student visa, register for classes and sign up for campus housing.
Please note, you must be at minimum 16 years of age to apply and enroll at Hastings College as a degree seeking international student.
There are two ways to apply to Hastings College — and there is no application fee for either option.
Apply online today.
Complete a Common Application (Common App) online and include Hastings College as one of the schools to receive your application.
After applying to Hastings College, please send the items below to our our international admissions counselor Kiante Stuart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide an official, certified copy of secondary school work. Hastings College requires one of the following credential evaluation services:
- World Education Services (WES); approximate cost of $100-205 US, or
- Incred (for student-athletes only, registering for eligibility through the NAIA Clearinghouse); approximate cost $130 for Clearinghouse and $85 for evaluation
- Standardized test scores from one of the following:
- TOEFL: iBT or internet test score of 77 (our school code is 6270)
- IELTS: a score of 6 or better
- ACT composite score of 20+ (our school code is 2456)
- SAT (math and verbal only) score of 860+ (our school code is 6270)
Hastings College waives English proficiency requirements if you are from one of the follow countries:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Island, Cyprus, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Ireland, Islas Malvinas (Falkland Islands), Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Island, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Island, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Virgin Islands, Western Samoa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
We are dedicated to making our education affordable for any student who wants to attend Hastings College. We even have a special grant just for international students!
International Student Grant
Because international students are valuable contributors to the Hastings College community, once admitted you’ll automatically be eligible for a $15,000 (US) International Student Grant. This is renewable for up to four years (for a total value of $60,000) and covers a significant portion of tuition.
Talent and Leadership Scholarships
International students may also apply for talent or leadership scholarship opportunities. These include:
- Speech (Forensics)
Learn more about these opportunities here.
Once you’re admitted to Hastings College, we’ll email you a Hastings College Financial Aid Award Notification and your Financial Affidavit.
Your Financial Affidavit will provide your cost of attendance minus any scholarships or grants you have been awarded. You must provide documentation to prove funds are available for at least one full academic year.
Your original, signed Financial Affidavit and supporting documentation must be received by Hastings College before your I-20 will be processed.
Hastings College is in Hastings, Nebraska, USA. Hastings a great college town and place to call home while you are at Hastings College. Rising from the south-central Nebraska prairie, you’ll find Hastings to be a progressive community of 25,000 people that takes pride in where it’s been — and is excited about where it’s going.
Hastings is about 2.5 hours west of Omaha, Nebraska; 6 hours east of Denver, Colorado; and 5 hours northwest of Kansas City, Missouri (see our maps page for more). Hastings is considered a rural community and is surrounding by farmland where corn, soybeans and wheat are grown. There are also many cattle ranches nearby. It’s a beautiful place to live, with amazing sunsets and open spaces.
Hastings is home to a top hospital, outstanding museum, movie theatre, many restaurants, places of entertainment and dozens of businesses, from manufacturing to professional services.
Discover more about Hastings here.
You’ll experience four seasons of weather in Hastings—beautiful and colorful fall, snow and cool temperatures in winter, blooming flowers and sunshine in spring and humid and warm summer.
In August, when you’ll move to campus, you’ll find summer-type weather. It’s often humid with temperatures during the daytime averaging 85 degrees Fahrenheit (29 degrees Celsius). Fall temperatures gradually cool, with high temperatures being 78F/25C in September, 64F/18C in October and 49F/9C in November.
Winter months sometimes feature snow (about 29 inches/74cm on average for the year), and cool temperatures. Average high temperatures are 37F/3C in December, 36F/2C in January and 40F/4C in February. Nighttime temperatures during the winter months can be as low as 14F/-10C.
By spring, the days are longer and temperatures warm up. Green grass returns, flowers bloom and trees leaf out. Average high temperatures are 51F/ in March, 63F/ in April and 73F/ in May.
Through all the changing seasons, you’ll find places and spaces to be with friends while making the most of your time in Hastings.
Congratulations on your acceptance to Hastings College!
We can’t wait to see you on campus!
Now that you’re accepted to Hastings College, your admissions counselor will provide details on these next steps:
- Complete your financial aid affidavit sent from the Hastings College Financial Aid office
- Apply for and scheduling a visa appointment (see more in the Visa tab)
- Pay your $200 (US) deposit, which you can do online at hastings.edu/deposit
- Select a day when you will register for classes online
- Log into your Hastings College email
- Complete your campus housing assignment
- Check out our housing options at hastings.edu/housing
- Request a Bronco Bike, a low cost or free bicycle rental program.
- Submit your health and immunization (vaccination) records
After you receive visa approval, look for flights to Nebraska. We suggest looking to arrive to:
- Omaha, Nebraska (airport code OMA) – about 95 minutes from campus
- Lincoln, Nebraska (LNK) – about 60 minutes from campus
- Grand Island, Nebraska (GRI) – about 30 minutes from campus
Once your ticket is booked, submit your arrival information in a form shared by your admissions counselor. Completing helps us organize transportation for you to Hastings.
Once accepted to Hastings College, it’s important to complete your visa application in a timely manner.
- To obtain a visa, pay the SEVIS 1-901 fee, which you can do at www.fmjfee.com
- The SEVIS fee can be paid using a credit card and completing the online form I-901 accessed by the above website. This payment must be made BEFORE you go to your visa appointment.
- Complete the DS-160 online nonimmigrant visa application at ceac.state.gov/genniv
- Once your have completed these steps, sign up for your visa interview at ceac.state.gov/genniv
- Do not delay this appointment. It may take several weeks to months to get an appointment. Delaying this may delay your arrival to the United States.
Your Visa Appointment
Once you have your visa appointment scheduled, gather materials you will need for the meeting. These include:
- Your Hastings College letter of acceptance
- Form I-20
- The SEVIS 1-901 fee receipt
- 1 – 2” x 2” photograph
If you have additional questions about your visa or immigration status, please contact Kiante Stuart, International Admissions and Engagement Counselor, at email@example.com or 402.705.6925 (WhatsApp, telephone, text).
If you have any questions, please contact our Director of International Programs:
402.705.6925 (Phone, Text, WhatsApp)