At Hastings, you can study abroad for a 10-days, a semester, the summer or an entire academic year in places like Australia, Denmark, France, England, Peru, Russia, Thailand and more!
While Hastings has many academic opportunities that appeal to a number of interests and professional goals, there’s no substitute for the experiences you get studying or serving others while immersed in a different culture.
Types of Study Abroad Opportunities
Irish Fellows Program
The Hastings College Irish Fellowship program is a distinctive, competitive study abroad opportunity offered annually to full-time junior and senior Hastings College students. In partnership with Davy Spillane, a Grammy Award-winning Irish musician, Hastings College sponsors the program, which blends on-campus coursework with a month of independent study in County Clare, a region in the west of Ireland offering remarkable educational and cultural opportunities.
For more information on Irish Fellows, contact Dr. Rob Babcock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct Exchange Options
With a Direct Exchange, you may attend a partner institution for the same cost of tuition at Hastings College! The Hastings College Study Abroad Office will work with you to make sure your financial aid and other requirements are in order. Partner institutions include:
- University of Leicester — Leicester, United Kingdom
- Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University — Pyatigorsk, Russia
- University of Dundee — Scotland, United Kingdom
- ICD Paris — Paris, France
UCAM – Catholic University of Murcia — Murica, Spain
Other Study Abroad Experiences
We encourage you to develop your own interests and pursue them — including through Direct Enrollment. Direct Enrollment offers you the ability to leave Hastings College and come back after enrolling and completing a term at a school abroad. For more information, contact us using the information below.
How to Make it Happen
Included here are several steps to complete as part of the study abroad process.
- Complete the Study Abroad application.
- Submit the application to the Director of International Programs.
- Attend a study abroad informational session with the Director of International Programs.
- Continue to work with the Study Abroad Office to meet Financial Aid requirements, and the Registrar’s Office to make sure you’ll get credit for the classes you take.
Since processing times can vary, we encourage you to begin the process of applying for a passport as soon as possible to avoid any delays.