Hastings College provides one on one financial aid counseling to any student who has questions about their financial aid award, including but not limited to Title IV Federal aid programs, institutional scholarships and grants, as well as additional financial aid, such as private loans. For answers to common financial aid questions see below:

  • How do I apply for financial aid?
    Our application for admissions is also our application for financial aid. In order to apply for Federal Financial Aid, students must complete the FAFSA. Hastings College’s school code is 002548. 
  • I know I’m not going to qualify for federal need based aid. Do you still want me to file the FAFSA?
    Filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) may enable you to receive additional non-need based federal aid or grants from Hastings College. Many factors affect the outcome of the FAFSA, such as the number of dependents in your family or the number of family members in college, so it is in your best interest to file the FAFSA.
  • What is the difference between a grant and a loan?
    A grant does not have to be paid back. A loan does need to be paid back.
  • Does out of state tuition apply?
    As a private college, Hastings College does not charge extra for out-of-state students.
  • Is there a deadline for completing the FAFSA?
    No, however we ask that you complete the FAFSA as soon as possible so we can assemble the optimal financial aid package for you.
  • Why did I get different federal aid at one college than I did at another?
    Your Pell Grant and Direct Stafford Loan amounts will typically be the same from one college to another. State grants and the Perkins Loan can vary in amounts because each college allocates these funds to students to best fit their students’ needs.
  • My family’s financial situation has changed significantly from last year. What can I do?
    You may request a review of your financial aid eligibility due to certain changes in circumstances not addressed on your original FAFSA. Contact Traci Boeve, Director of Financial Aid, at 402.461.7431.
  • Where do I go to find out what loan servicer will be managing my loan repayment?
    The Department of Education website tracks your total debt through repayment and you can find out what loan servicer you have by clicking here
  • Where can I complete my entrance counseling for my student loans? 
    The Department of Education website is full of interactive tools that are linked to the National Student Loan Database System. These online counseling tools are free and can provide helpful information to students and their families. You can find them here
  • What are my payment options and when are fees due?
    Hastings College offers three payment plans:
    • Payment Plan – This option offers five monthly payments per semester through our online payment plan provider, Official Payments. The first payment for the fall semester is due August 1. The first payment for the spring semester is due January 1. There is a $35 fee per semester.  
    • Payment In Full – Payment is due on the first day of classes each semester.
    • Direct PLUS Loan – Parents are eligible to apply after July 1 for the Direct PLUS Loan to cover the cost of education minus other financial aid. If the parent is not approved for the loan, the student becomes eligible to receive an additional unsubsidized loan. For application instructions, view our forms webpage.
  • Will the college accept payment by a credit cards or debit cards?
    Yes, these payments can be made online at the College’s MyHC Self-Service portal. Additional fees may be applied by the electronic provider. 
  • Where can I find information on college affordability as well as graduation rates, enrollment, retention, cohort default rate, etc?
    The College Affordability and Transparency Center website will allow you to find information on the cost of higher education. For Hastings College statistics such as enrollment, retention, cohort default rate and graduation rates visit College Navigator

Contact our Financial Aid Office at 402.461.7391.