Masters of Arts in Teaching
Master of Arts in Teaching
Looking to become an educator after working in another or related field? Our our Masters of Arts in Teaching (MAT) graduate program at Hastings College is a perfect way to prepare you for classroom teaching in elementary and secondary schools!
Our MAT program is perfect for initial teacher certification for those with a baccalaureate degree but no professional education who would like to prepare to teach.
- Completed application form and $50 matriculation fee (waived for Hastings College graduates)
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities
- 2.75 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale
- State of Nebraska required ETS Core Academic Skills Test (or PRAXIS I). Scores showing passage from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) office received in the education department
- Two references from school administrators or college professors
- Personal interview required at the discretion of the department in which the major area of study is to be taken
General Degree Requirements
- 36 semester hours of graduate credit (program may include additional courses that are required for certification)
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Culminating experience presentation
- Completion of all work for the degree within a five-year period. In exceptional circumstances, a one-year extension may be granted
- Passing scores on Praxis II Content Test required for teacher certification
- View our 2021-22 Master of Arts in Teaching Catalog: Google doc
- View our 2019-21 Master of Arts in Teaching Catalog: Google doc
Contact Graduate Studies Coordinator Dr. Darci Karr at email@example.com.