The Hastings College Summer program provides the opportunity to earn additional college credit towards a degree or just for your own education.
2021 Summer Class Information
2021 Summer Sessions
Block 7 – June 1 – June 30
Block 8 – July 6 – August 4
- Registration for summer courses begins March 31 for MAT and seniors, April 1 for juniors, April 8 for sophomores and April 13 for first-years.
- The Class Schedule is available online
- Select the period “2021/Summer” to view all summer courses
- Select Session 7 to view only Block 7 courses, or Session 8 to view Block 8
- Questions? Contact the Registrar’s Office at 402.461.7306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- For summer terms only, tuition for undergraduate classes is $225/credit hour.
- Payment Due Dates: Summer Session I – June 15, Summer Session II – July 15
- Courses are available in face-to-face format, online or as hybrids. Please consult the course offerings to check availability and format.
- Books are not provided for free – please plan accordingly to pay out of pocket.
- Institutional financial aid is not available for summer sessions; however, if you have not exhausted your federal aid eligibility for the 2020-21 academic year, this could be applied to a summer session, depending on enrollment status. Payment for summer classes is due by the start of the session.
- Undergraduate students must be enrolled in at least 6 or more credits (combining credits in Blocks 7 and 8) and have filed the 2020-2021 FAFSA in order to be eligible for Federal financial aid.
- In addition, because summer is considered a ‘trailer’ to the academic year, a student must have annual direct loan eligibility left in order to qualify for a student loan. Eligibility for the year for dependent students:
- First year – up to $5,,500
- Second year – up to $6,500
- Third and fourth year – up to $7,500
- If you have direct loan eligibility, you will be emailed a revised award notification. You must accept or decline loan eligibility in your financial aid self service.
- If you are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant, you will emailed a revised award notification. Pell will be automatically accepted for you . Summer Pell will be disbursed after the last day to drop or add in Block 8 – July 12, 2021
- HC Student Accounts will be notified if you are taking classes in Block 7 and if you are Pell Grant eligible or eligible for a Federal aid disbursement.
- If you qualify for tuition remission (benefit for dependents whose parents work at Hastings College), OR Graduate student remission, Block 7 remission will disburse June 4th. (This is the day after the last day to add or drop a Block 7 course). Block 8 remission will disburse July 12, 2020.
- Consult your advisor, the course instructor or the Academic Affairs office if you have questions.
Internships for Credit
Summer internships for credit need to be approved in advance to receive academic credit. For more information, visit the Career Services office in Daugherty Center (lower level). Applications are due on Friday, April 23.
For More Information
Contact the Registrar’s Office at 402.461.7306 or email@example.com.
Graduate Level Course Information
For summer terms only, tuition for graduate classes is $225/credit hour.
Payment due dates:
- Summer Session I – June 15
- Summer Session II – July 15
Graduate Registration for Summer Class
New students interested in the MAT program should start the registration process by completing an application available on our MAT page and by contacting the Education Department (402.461.7426). Current MAT students may register for summer classes through Self-Service.
Graduate Workshop (ED 588 or ED 589) Registration
Hastings College is pleased to again be working with area ESUs and others to offer a number of summer workshop for education professionals. These workshops focus on a variety of popular and new topics and are eligible for college credit. Pre-registration for all workshops is required by contacting the hosting ESU (or institution) listed in the “Instr” column of the graduate summer schedule. For college credit, registration and full payment will be completed on-site just prior to the first workshop session. Checks should be made payable to Hastings College. Credit cards are not accepted at this time. Additional questions about workshop content should be directed to the hosting ESU.
For More Information
Please contact the Hastings College Registrar’s Office at 402.461.7306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.