What to Bring
It can be a puzzle, deciding what to pack and bring to your home on the Hastings College campus. While not all encompassing, this list may help.
- Alarm clock
- Bed linens (twin extra long)
- Carpet/throw rug
- Clothes drying rack
- Dish soap
- Coffee maker
- Ethernet cable (if you prefer that over wifi for your laptop/gaming system)
- Extension cord
- Lamp(s)/light bulbs
- Large chair
- Laundry bag or basket
- Laundry detergent (for HE machine)
- Paper (if you bring your own printer)
- Phone charger
- Plants (real or fake)
- Pool noodle/pipe insulation tube if you want to cover metal on lofted bed
- Posters, sticky tack, removable (Command style) hooks
- Reusable water bottle
- Sewing kit
- Shower caddy
- Shower shoes
- Step stool (small/folding one if needed to reach high storage spaces in closets)
- Surge protector/power strip
- Toiletry/shower items
- Trash can/bags
- TV with streaming device or connection for laptop
- Winter gear (coat, boots, hat, gloves)
- Window scraper/brush for your car
A microfridge (microwave/mini-fridge combo) is available to rent for the academic year. You cannot bring your own microwave/mini-refrigerator unless you’re living in the Bronco Village Apartments or Gender Inclusive Housing.
The refrigerator component is 2.6 cu. ft. and has two full shelves and one half shelf, plus tall bottle storage. The microwave component is 700W and 0.7 cu. ft.
The unit is 17 13/16 inches wide, 20 3/16 inches deep and 36 15/16 inches tall.
Planning to work on or off campus?
Employers need identification to complete an I-9 form. Information on what types of ID are accepted can be found in the Form I-9 Acceptable Documents list on this site.