Included here is information on insurance availability and coverage for Hastings College students.

What Happens If A Student Gets Injured While at Hastings College?

Accidents happen. Hastings College wants to ensure that our students receive proper medical attention when these events occur.

Students who are injured while participating in intercollegiate athletics (including practice, games, etc.) should immediately report their injury to the athletic training office (402.461.7392).

Non-athletes who are injured while on-campus should notify our Director of Health Services in the Stone Health Center (402.461.7372) during business hours. For evaluation and treatment during non-business hours, students may seek medical assistance at Hastings-area medical clinics or the Emergency Room at Mary Lanning Hospital.

Student Accident Insurance

All full-time Hastings College students are covered by a Student Accident Insurance policy. This policy provides world-wide coverage 24/7 for approved medical expenses from accidental injuries and is designed to work in tandem with a student’s primary health insurance policy to ensure medical benefits are paid promptly. This policy covers slips, trips and falls, as well and intramural, club and intercollegiate athletic injuries. You can learn more about this insurance by viewing this brochure (.pdf).

The Student Accident Insurance policy is intended to serve as “gap” insurance providing reimbursement for deductibles or co-pays required with the student’s primary health insurance. This policy provides peace of mind for students and their families that if an accident occurs, they will have less out of pocket medical expenses.

Accident Insurance Claim Form

An accident claim forms can be downloaded here (.pdf).

Hastings College can assist with the completion of the form for accidents. The athletic training office will submit claims from athletic injuries. Students, or their guardian, are responsible for claim submission for non-athletic related injuries.

Primary Health Insurance Options

Students, especially those outside of the central Nebraska region, should check with their health insurance provider to ensure that Hastings area medical care is included in their plan. Hastings College does not have primary health care insurance available for students to purchase. The following organizations have previously served students looking for primary health care coverage:

  1. GeoBlue International – a well-known program providing health insurance for students who study abroad.
  2. Ellerbrock-Norris Insurance – an independent insurance agency located in Hastings, Nebraska. or 888.302.2461