Hastings College hosted seven schools that participated in the Central Regional Science Fair for the Nebraska Junior Academy of Sciences on Wednesday, March 4.
Schools that participated in this year’s Central Regional Science Fair were Adams Central Junior/Senior High School, Central City Public Schools, O’Neill Public Schools, Ravenna High School, Sandhills High School and Silver Lake High School.
The science fair is split into two divisions; the Junior Division is open to students in sixth through eighth grade; the Senior Division is open to those in nine through 12.
Six projects from each division were selected to move onto the State Science Fair competition. The top Senior Division projects from the state competition will qualify for the National Science Fair.
The 2020 Central Regional State Qualifiers are listed below.
- Trevor Ahlers and Luke Bonifas of Adams Central/Senior High School
- Ella Buhlke of Central City Public Schools
- Jenna Cecrle of Adams Central Junior/Senior High School
- David Johnson of Central City Public Schools
- Elaina McHargue of Central City Public Schools
- Austin Wells of Central City Public Schools
- Addie Buhlke of Central City Public Schools
- Trent Detlefson of Central City Public Schools
- Bailey Greving of Central City Public Schools
- Jerzie Schindler of Central City Public Schools
- Lana Swanson of Silverlake High School
- Charlsie Teahon of Sandhills High School
Hastings College is Nebraska’s premier private college. A four-year residential college that focuses on student academic and extracurricular achievement, Hastings’ student-centered initiatives include providing books, an iPad and a two-week study abroad experience at no additional cost. A block-style semester schedule allows professors and students to focus on fewer classes at a time and promotes hands-on experiences. Discover more at hastings.edu.