- December 1996 Master of Business Administration, University of Wyoming, Laramie, Wyoming
Department of Management and Marketing Outstanding Graduate Student Award
- May 1988 Bachelor of Arts, Hastings College, Hastings, Nebraska
Major: Business Administration with an emphasis in professional accounting
- May 1997 Certified in Financial Management Exam
- December 1988 Certified Management Accountant Exam
- November 1987 Uniform Certified Public Accountant Exam
Profesional Work Experience
- 1997-present Hastings College, Hastings, Nebraska
Professor of Accounting and Business
Courses taught include: Cost Accounting, Principles of Auditing, Intermediate Accounting II, Financial Accounting, Governmental and Not-for-Profit Accounting, Production Management, and Managerial Accounting. Other duties include academic advising for business and accounting students, various committee assignments, and co-advisor for Student Judicial Council.
- 1996-1997 Laramie County Community College, Cheyenne Wyoming
Courses taught include: Practical Accounting, Accounting I, Accounting II, and Intermediate Accounting. Other duties include academic advising for accounting students, and providing assistance and support for adjunct faculty members.
- 1995-1996 Wyoming Employees Federal Credit Union, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Prepare monthly financial reports for Board of Director meetings, prepare monthly closing entries, assist in the preparation of the annual budget, and completion of other accounting related projects.
- 1994-1995 Warren Federal Credit Union, Cheyenne, Wyoming
Responsible for all areas of base office operations for $70 million financial institution. Supervised controller, data processing department, human resource manager, operations manager, and the loan and collection department. Responsible for compliance with regulations, completed a computer conversion, performed duties of controller for six weeks while she was on medical leave, and developed a “risk-based” lending program.
- 1988-1994 Petersen & Associates, Papillion, Nebraska
Provided audit, accounting and advisory services to over 30 credit unions. Trained Audit Committee members, and presented training and educational programs covering financial statements, asset liability management, ratio analysis, and internal controls.