Hastings College Theatre honored 11 students and inducted four new members into the Alpha Psi Omega theatre honorary as part of its annual Beaux Arts Awards earlier this month.
As part of the event, Alpha Psi Omega distributed colored masks. The White Mask is given to recognize contributions of a first year student of theatre, the Scarlet Mask is open to all students who have participated in the theatre for two seasons, and the Purple Mask is open to any theatre student at the end of their junior year who has at least a 3.6 overall grade point average, high artistic achievement in theatre and meritorious service to college theatre.
Theatre students honored include:
- Aynsley Brink of La Vista, Nebraska — Lloyd S. and Helen M. Jones Scholarship, White Mask
- Christian Kehn of Boulder, Colorado — Scarlet Mask
- Emma Maline of Bellevue, Nebraska — Bernard C. Tushaus Award
- Hailey Moore of Juniata, Nebraska — Purple Mask
- Morgan O’Neill of Cheyenne, Wyoming — Runner-up for Player of The Year, Scarlet Mask
- Maggie Price of Bellevue, Nebraska — Player of the Year, Harold Shiffler Award
- Niko Reece of Westminster, Colorado — Shiffler Scholarship
- Noah Sullivan of Centennial, Colorado — Lloyd S. and Helen M. Jones Scholarship
- Tony Simone of Fort Lupton, Colorado — Runner-up for Player of The Year
- Max Wagner of Culbertson, Nebraska — Lloyd S. and Helen M. Jones Scholarship
- Darci Wax of Colorado Springs, Colorado — Outstanding Theatre Student Award
Students inducted into Alpha Psi Omega include:
- Hailey Moore of Juniata, Nebraska
- Christian Kehn of Boulder, Colorado
- Maggie Price of Bellevue, Nebraska
- Lindsey Pratt of Denver, Colorado
Hastings College is a four-year residential college that focuses on student academic and extracurricular achievement. Hastings’ student-centered initiatives include providing books, an iPad and a two-week study away experience at no additional cost. A block-style semester schedule allows professors and students to focus on fewer classes at a time and promotes hands-on experiences. Discover more at hastings.edu.