Dr. Neil Heckman teaches courses in a wide variety of areas within chemistry, including organic chemistry.
He is a Nebraska native and earned degrees at both Chadron State College and the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. He has been on faculty at Hastings College since 2004 and also serves as the Chemistry Department Chair.
He enjoys mentoring students, gardening and spending time with his family.
- Chemical Education
- Applied Chemistry
- Undergraduate Research
- Neil L. Heckman, Morgan M. Wohl, Jordyn D. Duffy. 2022. Using Imidazolium-Based Ionic Liquids to Teach Fundamental NMR Interpretation. Journal of Laboratory Chemical Education.
B. S. Chadron State College
M.S. University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Ph. D. University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- CHEM111 Introduction to General Chemistry
- CHEM 320 Chemistry Research Experience
- CHEM 361/363 Organic Chemistry
- SCIE 353 Environmental Science