Dr. Bohmfalk teaches courses in biochemistry, genetics, and microbiology as
well as occasional chemistry courses.
He earned his doctorate in genetics and cell biology at the University of
Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas, and his bachelor’s degree in
chemistry at Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas.
A member of the Hastings College faculty since 1993, he has served on a
number of committees and was chair of the Faculty Senate from 2005-2008.
He was given the Outstanding Advisor Award in 2000. John enjoys music
(he sings and plays tuba) and is a pretty good cook.
• Structure and function of the microtubular cytoskeleton
• Molecular biology of plasma protein biosynthesis
• Development of undergraduate laboratory activities
• B.S., Southwestern University
• Ph.D., University of Texas Medical Branch
• BIO 321 Microbiology
• BIO 474 Genetics
• BIO 405 Biochemistry II
• SCI 313 Human Nutrition
• SCI 326 Genetics & Society