By the end of 1928, all three Fail sisters will be dead — expiring in reverse order, youngest to oldest, from blunt object to the head, disappearance and, finally, consumption. This whimsical tale follows the story of Nelly, Jenny June and Gerty as they live out their lives above the family clock repair shop near the Chicago River, before their time unexpectedly runs out. “Failure: A Love Story,” presented by Hastings College Theatre, is a magical fable where, in the end, the power of love is far greater than any individual’s successes or failures.
“Failure: A Love Story,” by Phillip Dawkins, will be presented at Scott Studio Theater October 14 and 15 at 7:30 p.m., and October 16 at 2:00 p.m.
NOTE: The release noted opening night was Thursday, October 13, but that performance has been dropped from the schedule. Opening night is Friday, October 14.
Tickets are $8:00 for adults and $5.00 for seniors and non-Hastings College students, and can be reserved by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Performances are free to Hastings College students, employees, Crimson Connection members and Bronco Stampede pass holders.
Performances of this show are dedicated to Brady Buechter, who passed away in September. Buechter, of Belgrade, Nebraska, was a first year student and cast member of this show.
The production team, cast and crew are listed below.
- Nelly Fail: Morgan O’Neill of Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Jenny June Fail: Brooke Jorgenson of Orleans, Nebraska
- Gertrude Fail: Lindsey Pratt of Denver, Colorado
- John N. Fail: Aniya Kreifels of Omaha, Nebraska
- Mortimer Mortimer: Turner Griffin of Grand Island, Nebraska
- Keeley Garland of Superior, Colorado
- Ivey Zimmerman of Overton, Nebraska
- Aynsley Brink of Omaha, Nebraska
- Fayth Brudvig of Nelson, Nebraska
- Moses: Jordan Parker of Omaha, Nebraska
- Mae: Max Blankenship of Queen Creek, Arizona
- December: Brandon Bruns of Hastings, Nebraska
- Dog: Casper Campbell of Columbus, Nebraska
- Stage Manager: Niko Reece of Broomfield, Nebraska
- Costume Lead: Audrey Weeks of Hastings, Nebraska
- Costume Crew: Laynee Ferguson of Minden, Nebraska; Lakyn Kimmer-Steffen of Hastings, Nebraska; AJ Sanchez of Elkhorn, Nebraska
- Scenic/Props/Lighting Lead: Christian Kehn of Boulder, Colorado
- Scenic/Props/Lighting Crew: Mars Deal of Littleton, Colorado; Jermaine Francis of Nassau, Bahamas; Maddie Kamler of Shickley, Nebraska; Ayla Kephart of Chadron, Nebraska; Emily Pikop of Grand Island, Nebraska; Venn Wood of Lincoln, Nebraska
- Sound Crew: Charly Lufkin of Fairbury, Nebraska; Janison Majors of Superior, Nebraska
- Lead: Noah Sullivan of Centennial, Colorado
- Lakyn Kimmer-Steffen of Hastings, Nebraska
Hastings College is a four-year residential college that focuses on student academic and extracurricular achievement. Hastings’ student-centered initiatives include providing books, an iPad and a two-week study away experience at no additional cost. A block-style semester schedule allows professors and students to focus on fewer classes at a time and promotes hands-on experiences. Discover more at hastings.edu.