Hastings College highly encourages all students to have:
- Immunization for measles, mumps and rubella. All students born after 1957 must have two doses of the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine.
- Primary series of tetanus‐diphtheria immunizations and a booster shot within the last ten years.
- Primary series of polio immunizations.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox) vaccine or disease.
- Meningitis (Menomune or Menactra) immunization, or signed waiver that states the student has chosen not to be immunized (including an exemption for religious and/or philosophical beliefs).
In addition, the College strong encourages students, especially those with chronic illnesses, to get immunized and/or protected against the following: Tuberculosis, Pneumonia and Hepatitis A and B.
Hastings College also encourages students to immunized against HPV (Gardasil or Cervarix).