Admissions to Hastings College is based on your secondary grades, exam scores and essay. There is no application fee.
The recommended deadline to apply is April 1 for fall start. This allows time for you to obtain a student visa, register for classes and sign up for campus housing.
There are two ways to apply to Hastings College — and there is no application fee for either option.
Submit an International Application for Admission by completing this writable .pdf.
- Please save the .pdf, complete and save the application, then email it as an attachment to our international admissions counselor Grant Hunter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- With your application, submit a 300-word essay describing why you want to attend Hastings College and what you expect to gain from a Hastings College experience.
Complete a Common Application (Common App) online and include Hastings College as one of the schools to receive your application.
After applying to Hastings College, please send the items below to our our international admissions counselor Grant Hunter at email@example.com.
- Provide an official, certified copy of secondary school work. Hastings College requires one of the following credential evaluation services:
- World Education Services (WES); approximate cost of $100-205 US, or
- Incred (for student-athletes only, registering for eligibility through the NAIA Clearinghouse); approximate cost $130 for Clearinghouse and $85 for evaluation
- Standardized test scores from one of the following:
- TOEFL: iBT or internet test score of 77 (our school code is 6270)
- IELTS: a score of 6 or better
- ACT composite score of 20+ (our school code is 2456)
- SAT (math and verbal only) score of 860+ (our school code is 6270)
Hastings College waives English proficiency requirements if you are from one of the follow countries:
Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, Botswana, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Canada, Cayman Island, Cyprus, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gambia, Ghana, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Ireland, Islas Malvinas (Falkland Islands), Jamaica, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Malta, Marshall Islands, Mauritius, Micronesia, Montserrat, Namibia, Nauru, New Zealand, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Island, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Swaziland, Tanzania, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Island, Tuvalu, Uganda, United Kingdom, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Virgin Islands, Western Samoa, Zambia and Zimbabwe.