If you're feeling under the weather, in need of medical assistance or have questions about your health, staff at the Hastings College health center may be able to help.
The Charles L. Stone Health Center, which can be reached at 402.461.7372, provides health services under the direction of registered nurses who are under the supervision of consulting physicians. Nurses are available during posted hours, generally 8 am to noon and 1 to 5 pm weekdays during the school year.
If you need to see a physician, the nurse will assist you in obtaining proper medical care.
The student health fee only covers costs incurred while students are being treated by the nurses at the health center, including common remedies and medications recommended by consulting physicians.
Student Accident Insurance Information
For information on insurance availability and coverage for Hastings College students, click here.
Several Peer Education groups are also advised by Health Center staff. They include:
- S.H.A.C. (Student Health Advisory Council),
- PHIVE-O (Peer HIV Education Organization),
- C.A.R.E. (College Acquaintance Rape Educators),
- Active Minds (changing the conversation about mental health),
- Alliance (GBLTQA and Allies) and
- BACCHUS (a group promoting alcohol and other drug awareness and education).