The Center for Vocation, Faith and Service fosters the intellectual and theological exploration of vocation at Hastings College through the tools of education, training, reflection and service to Church and society.
Our goal is to better help students pursue lives of meaning and purpose, that our students might better integrate their faith and ‘pursuit of meaning’ with their work, and help to improve the connection between Hastings College students, local and non-local churches and local/national/global service agencies. Our mission is to help students lead lives of ethics, faith, and purpose, to more completely pursue their passion, and to become better prepared community leaders wherever their sense of calling takes them.
The CVFS offers:
- The Christian Ministry Program (and its academic minor). Open to any Hastings College student.
- Annual Retreats, Seminars, and Workshops on the subjects of service, faith, and vocation.
- Imagine Grants – Small, high impact, funds to support creative student and faculty designed projects of service and ministry.
- Travel Grants for students interested visiting a seminary.
- Personalized and mentored practicum placements for students
- A wide myriad of service learning opportunities, both in the classroom and outside of it.