Hastings College Business Administration alumni serve as chief executive officers, small and large business owners, research analysts, financial advisors, managers of sports teams, international executives and entrepreneurs.
Do challenging, valuable work
Careers for Hastings College business administration graduates involve challenging, valuable work in large corporations, nonprofit organizations and small businesses:
- Understanding complex, dynamic data
- Helping people do their jobs better
- Launching your own business
- Anticipating market needs
- Leading diverse teams to solve problems
Learn the full suite of business skills
You begin with introductory classes in specific business disciplines and conclude with a capstone seminar that integrates everything you’ve learned along the way.
- Organizational Dynamics
- Legal aspects of business
- Financial management
- Human resources
Go further with a Hastings education
Most Hastings students complete their degree in four years, and our four-year guarantee is here to back it up. This means you’ll work closely with your advisor to chart a course in your major. Study abroad, do a service project or lead a club—there’s time, support and a plan for everything.
Create your future
See for yourself how we tailor your education to your talents and your goals.
Schedule a visit and we’ll demonstrate how Hastings will inspire you to reach your potential.
Graduate with experience
At Hastings, business administration majors serve one and sometimes two internships, including through our exclusive Talent Pool program. Some expand their understanding of the world by studying abroad. Many take advantage of January Term (J-Term) to gather additional experiences and insight that help advance career options. Every business administration major completes a capstone project, using case studies to solve real-world challenges. What does all this mean? You’ll graduate from Hastings ready to succeed.
At every step in your path you'll appreciate the stepping stones of teaching, counseling, inspiring, supporting and guiding from our engaged faculty. It's an experience that's true to Hastings College and you won't find it anywhere else.
- Hastings College puts Ballou on track for great career with Union Pacific »
- Getting the job before the diploma »
- Cornforth applies wide skill set to career at USA Football »
Recent internships for business administration majors
- Oakeson Steiner Wealth and Retirement
- Five Points Bank
- Principal Financial Group
- Mary Lanning Healthcare
- Hastings Economic Development Corporation (HEDC)
Add expertise to your business degree
Many of our majors pursue additional study in these areas with a minor or as a double major:
- Marketing (major)
- Economics (major or minor)
- Human Resource Management (major)
- Information systems (minor)
- Small business entrepreneurship (minor)
Get involved beyond the business classroom
- Professional Business Leader’s Club
- Student Education Association
- Omicron Delta Epsilon (Economics honor society)
- Omicron Delta Kappa (Leadership honor society)
In addition to these business-related groups, there’s always something to do at Hastings. Student clubs, service learning, Greek life, recreation and more make Hastings a great campus for student life.
Find scholarships for business administration majors
Your high school achievements can both fuel and fund your success at Hastings. We offer a range of generous and renewable academic scholarships based on your GPA and test scores. If you decide to pursue a business-related major, you can apply for the T-L Irrigation/Thom Business Scholarship. Plus talent scholarships for everything from speech (forensics) to the arts to athletics.
First employers for recent graduates
- The Colorado Rapids
- Union Bank and Trust
- Wells Fargo
- American Fence Company
- T.Rowe Price