Chief Information Officer
Founded in 1882, Hastings College is an independent, coeducational, Presbyterian-related, national liberal arts college with an enrollment of about 1,200 students. The College is located in Hastings, Nebraska (population 25,370), an attractive residential community 100 miles west of Lincoln and 15 miles south of Interstate 80. The city enjoys excellent public and private schools and serves as a cultural center for a large surrounding area.
Hastings College seeks an innovative leader with experience in information technology for the position of Chief Information Officer (CIO). As a member of the Vice President for Finance and Administration’s management team, this position will provide strategic leadership and hands on management in planning, developing, implementing and maintaining technology and information systems that support the academic and administrative goals of the College.
The CIO is responsible for the College’s computing and communication infrastructure and for providing reliable and responsive information management and technology services to students, faculty, and staff. The CIO will provide leadership based on best practices, a keen understanding of the College’s strategic priorities and the ability to anticipate and develop plans, programs and policies to support the College’s mission in an ever-changing environment.
The CIO provides leadership in four key areas: Network and Systems, Management of Information Systems (MIS), Telecommunications, Academic and User Support Services and Institutional Research. The CIO will ensure an integrated approach to all internal computing and communication services, develop policies and procedures, and oversee the financial management of these areas.
The College seeks a leader with management experience and an in-depth understanding of the systems and operations of a college. The successful candidate will be a service-oriented leader and team member with understanding of academic and administrative systems and a solid track record for evaluation and negotiation for technology products and services. The CIO is a partner with other college and university directors and administrators.
Position qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Five to eight years of progressively responsible experience in information technology.
- Experience in other comparable service organizations including non-profits will be considered.
- Outstanding communication skills including ability to express complex technology concepts in a clear concise manner to both technical and non-technical constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships between IT staff and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to create, implement and articulate a vision for higher education information technology.
- Must be able to understand complex challenges, lead teams and deploy appropriate technological solutions to meet these challenges.
- Understanding and appreciation of today’s rapidly evolving models of teaching, learning and scholarship.
- Ability to work collaboratively with faculty, staff and senior administrators in areas other than technology to develop and implement uses of technology.
- Must share a commitment to an IT environment that is based on superior customer service to faculty, staff and students.
Additional Desirable Qualifications
- Master’s Degree in an information technology/business related field. Knowledge of educational delivery systems.
- Experience with the implementation of campus-wide ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) projects.
Download an Employment Application . Candidates interested in applying for this position must submit the completed application to:
Margo Busboom, Director of Human Resources
710 N. Turner Ave.
Hastings, NE 68901
To receive full consideration, please include the following documents:
• Cover Letter
• Contact information for three (3) professional references
Review of applications will begin February 18, 2013, and will continue until the position is filled.
Benefits and Salary
Hastings College provides a competitive salary, commensurate with experience and offers a comprehensive benefit program.
Hastings College is an equal opportunity employer. Women and members of minority groups are strongly encouraged to apply for all positions.