Dr. John Bohmfalk
Professor of Biology and Chemistry
Office: 134 Morrison-Reeves Science Center
Phone: (402) 461-7470
Fax: (402) 461-7463
Dr. Bohmfalk teaches courses in biochemistry, genetics, cell biology and molecular biology.
He earned his doctorate in genetics and cell biology at the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston, Texas, and his bachelor's degree in biology at Southwestern University in Georgetown, Texas.
A member of the Hastings College faculty since 1993, he has served on a number of committees and was chair of the Faculty Senate from 2005-2008. He was given the Outstanding Advisor Award in 2000. John enjoys music (he sings and plays tuba) and is a pretty good cook.
- Structure and function of the microtubular cytoskeleton
- Molecular biology of plasma protein biosynthesis
- Development of undergraduate laboratory activities
- B.S. Southwestern University
- Ph.D. University of Texas Medical Branch
- BIO 371 Cell Biology
- BIO 404 Biochemistry
- BIO 459 Molecular Biology
- BIO 464 Immunology
- BIO 474 Genetics
- SCI 313 Human Nutrition
- SCI 326 Genetics & Society