About Hastings, Nebraska
Awards & Recognition
Board of Trustees
Campus Map & Photos
Press & Media
» Identity Standards
» Press Releases
·· 2012 - 2013 Releases
·· 2011 - 2012 Releases
·· 2010 - 2011 Releases
·· 2009 - 2010 Releases
·· 2008 - 2009 Releases
·· 2007 - 2008 Releases
·· 2006 - 2007 Releases
·· 2005 - 2006 Releases
·· 2004 - 2005 Releases
» Speakers Bureau
Sustainability at HC
Nov. 18, 2008 - Hastings College junior Jessica Thompson named Creigh Weyer Scholar
Hastings College junior Jessica Thompson has been named a Creigh Weyer Scholar by the Creigh Family Foundation. This highly-selective, post-graduate scholarship is offered to Hastings College juniors who have outstanding leadership potential.
Thompson, who is majoring in political science, plans to pursue a graduate degree in international relations in preparation for a career in the Foreign Service. She has been an active volunteer while maintaining a perfect 4.0 grade point average. Thompson earned appointments to all three military academies and was a Boettcher Scholarship finalist in Colorado. Last summer, she interned for the FBI’s regional computer forensic laboratory in Denver.
The Creigh Weyer Scholarship offers up to $40,000 in grants to support graduate study in any field in the United States or overseas, as well as active mentoring, guidance and support from senior leaders in business, government and academia.
Creigh Weyer Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
• Demonstrated leadership potential,
• High probability of becoming a leader who will have a substantial impact on his or her community,
• Highest ethical standards and integrity,
• Strong communication skills, and
• Strong academic record with likely acceptance by a first-rate graduate school.
Other finalists for the Creigh Weyer Scholarship were:
• Noah Elmshaeuser, a music major, plans to pursue a degree in arts management and a career in non-profit management.
• Sara Kluver, a biology major, plans to pursue a joint degree in dentistry and public health in preparation for a career in pediatric dentistry.
• Eddie Krajicek, a biology major, plans to pursue a medical degree and a career in orthopedic medicine.
• Thomas Mahoney, a mathematics and music major, plans to pursue a graduate degree in mathematics and a career in applied mathematics.