About Hastings, Nebraska
Awards & Recognition
Board of Trustees
Campus Map & Photos
Press & Media
» Identity Standards
» Press Releases
·· 2012 - 2013 Releases
·· 2011 - 2012 Releases
·· 2010 - 2011 Releases
·· 2009 - 2010 Releases
·· 2008 - 2009 Releases
·· 2007 - 2008 Releases
·· 2006 - 2007 Releases
·· 2005 - 2006 Releases
·· 2004 - 2005 Releases
» Speakers Bureau
Sustainability at HC
Hastings College to feature guest artists
The Hastings College Art Department will host nine visiting artists during Interim, Jan. 8-25. Works by the artists will be on display at the Art Gallery, and each artist will present lectures and also demonstrate their style of art work.
The exhibition, titled "Merely the Substitution of One Piece of Nonsense for Another," was organized by Debra Kayes, assistant professor of art.
Participating artists include: Stephanie Adams, Travis Graves, Benjamin Moreau, Zach Nagle, Erik Parra, Jason Ruhl, Justin Strom, Lenore Thomas, and Roscoe Wilson.
An opening reception will be held Sunday, Jan. 8, from 2 to 3 p.m. The public is invited to attend. Gallery hours are 10 a.m.-5 p.m. weekdays; 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Saturday; and 2-4 p.m., Sunday. Visits to the gallery are free.
Artist demonstrations are from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the following dates and sites:
- Wednesday/Thursday, Jan. 4-5 – Graves, reductive carving project, Art Gallery, sculpture studio
- Thursday/Friday, Jan. 5-6, Ruhl, intro to Flash/web design, Gray Center, computer lab
- Friday, Jan. 6 – Wilson, Xerox transfers, Art Gallery, painting studio
- Friday, Jan. 6 – Strom/Thomas, digital blasphemy, Art Gallery, print-making studio
- Monday/Tuesday, Jan. 9-10 – Moreau, collograph workshop, Art Gallery, print-making studio
- Monday/Tuesday, Jan. 9-10, Parra, stenciling, Art Gallery, painting studio
- Wednesday/Thursday, Jan. 11-12, Nagle, textile construction/loom weaving, Plum Nelly (downtown)
- Wednesday/Thursday/Friday, Jan. 18-20, Adams, ceramic hand building, Art Gallery, ceramics studio
Artist lectures are at 7 p.m. in Wilson Auditorium on the following dates:
- Wednesday, Jan. 4 – Graves, Ruhl, and Thomas
- Thursday, Jan. 5 – Strom and Wilson
- Monday, Jan. 9 – Moreau and Parra
- Tuesday, Jan. 10 – Nagle
- Wednesday, Jan. 18 – Adams
The visiting artists’ exhibit was made possible by funding assistance from the following: Hastings College Art Department, the office of the academic dean, and the college’s Artist Lecture Series.