The Advertising and Public Relations major aspires to meet the social and technological challenges of a rapidly changing business environment. Students will develop proficiencies in a variety of high-level skills that will be put to the test in hands-on projects and internships. Within the legal and ethical challenges of persuasive communication, students will work individually and in teams to take on the message research and message making tasks that will give them flexibility and creativity to work in the professional arena.
Some of the career paths Advertising & Public Relations majors have taken include:
- Event planning
- Non-profit campaign planning and implementation
- Public relations
- Cross-media strategic engagement
Strengths of the Program
- Course variety allows you to specialize and tailor your interests to your degree.
- Learn by doing at HCmediaonline.org, The Collegian (student newspaper), KFKX (90.1 FM), HCTV (Channel 6), Bronco Yearbook, forensics, or other student organizations.
- Smaller class sizes mean individual attention and personalized learning.
- Innovative courses in speaking, writing, computer applications and public presentation give you greater job marketability.
- Take advantage of J-Term, our January interim period, to practice your skills around the world, explore a unique internship, or immerse yourself into an in-depth course on campus.