Activities & Organizations
» Discipline Specific
» Greek Organizations
» Leadership Development
» Musical Groups
» Peer Education
» Religious Organizations
» Student Association
From the Chaplain
HC Media Online
Policies & Procedures
The Hastings College Greek community is dedicated to future leaders by providing a wealth of leadership opportunities within the Greek system. Greek life at Hastings College range from social issues to academia, business to philanthropy, the leaders of today are gaining their leadership edge from their fraternal experiences offered at Hastings College. Greek membership is one of the most outstanding means of discovering new friendship and refining leadership potential at Hastings College. All of Hastings Colleges Greek organizations are local only and have no national affiliation and are under the direct supervision of the Office of Student Leadership Development.
|Inter-Greek Council Officers|
- Co-Presidents: Nick Arauza, Kelly Muller
- Secretary: Mariah Filipi
- Treasurer: Colton Spearman
- Social Chair: Jenna Diedrich
- Points Manager: Tamra Schaecher
- Advisor: Billy Dunbar
Mission of the IGC: The Inter-Greek Council is the governing board that’s main mission is to build an inclusive Greek community and enhance the collegiate experience by developing opportunities for leadership, academic success, and civic engagement through Greek Life.
|How to Join a Fraternity or Sorority|
Fraternities and sororities select their members through a recruitment process, sometimes referred to as RUSH. Rush week is held each year during Homecoming Week. Fraternities and sororities will hold informational booths, mixers and meetings beginning New Student Days weekend to inform students about their organization and information on how to pledge. You may also contact the Director of Student Life Billy Dunbar for more information.
Hastings College and the Inter-Greek Council policies mandate that the recruitment process be alcohol-free and students attend the anti-hazing workshop.
- Active: A fully initiated member of a Greek organization
- Bid: A formal invitation to join a Greek organization
- Chapter: The collegiate group of a Greek organization
- Fraternity: A men's Greek organization
- Inter-Greek Council (IGC): The governing body of the fraternities and sororities, composed of elected officers/representatives
- New Member/Associate: A member of a Greek organization who is learning about the chapter and working toward becoming an active member
- Rushee: A guest of Greek organizations who is interested in joining or learning about the Greek system
- Sorority: A women's Greek organization