Activities & Organizations
From the Chaplain
HC Media Online
Policies & Procedures
» Contact Financial Aid
» Creigh Weyer Scholarship
» Financial Aid FAQs
» Financial Aid Links
» TEACH Grant
The Evans Storer Scholarship program is a highly-competitive, merit-based scholarship that is offered to Hastings College juniors who have outstanding potential. The Evans Storer Scholarship helps underwrite the graduate school application process (testing fees, test preparation expenses, application fees) for a select group of high achieving Hastings College students who intend to apply to top graduate schools. Evans Storer Scholars may pursue any field of graduate study at any top graduate school.
The Evans Storer Scholarship is named in honor of two retired Hastings College political science professors, Chuck Evans and Denny Storer, who were responsible for an incredible number of Truman Scholars from Hastings College between 1976 and 2002. The Truman Scholarship is the most prestigious scholarship for students who intend to pursue careers in the public sector. Each year, 100 Truman Scholarships are awarded, two per state. Under the watch of Drs. Evans and Storer, Hastings College produced ten Truman Scholars, four alternates and six finalists. This is a rate higher than any other school (including Harvard, Stanford and the military academies) when adjusted to reflect HC's size.
The inaugural class of eight Evans Storer Scholars was announced in May 2007. These scholars, who are listed below, received an average of $1,000 each.
- Jenna Alt, Pharmacy
- Halah Bajaber, Veterinary Science
- Rebecca Burks, Psychology
- Brady Fickenscher, Medicine
- Heather Finney, Astrophysics
- Kelly Hoff, Economics
- Kallan Picha, Foreign Service
- Melissa Theesen, Management
Evans Storer Scholars are selected on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated potential as reflected by academic record and extracurricular activities.
- Highest ethical standards and integrity, and
- Likely acceptance by a first-rate graduate school.
- Evans Storer Scholars will generally be in the top 10% of their class. Current juniors (class of ’09) and non-graduating seniors are eligible to apply this academic year.
- Evans Storer scholars are selected in the Spring.
Click here to download an application (MS Word Document)
Applications must be submitted electronically via e-mail to email@example.com. Completed applications are due in the early spring (the actual deadline will be posted here, please check back).
Please contact the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs with any questions.