Hastings College completed the Noel-Levitz Student Satisfaction Inventory (SSI), a national survey that measures student satisfaction across a broad spectrum of college life.
Hastings College’s results on the SSI are truly exceptional. Our students express greater satisfaction than students from the national comparison group on all of the 73 items surveyed. The following ten items were rated most important by our students:
- The instruction in my major field is excellent.
- The content of courses within my major is valuable.
- My academic advisor is knowledgeable about requirements in my major.
- My academic advisor is approachable.
- Tuition paid is a worthwhile investment.
- I am able to register for classes I need with few conflicts.
- The quality of instruction I receive in most of my classes is excellent.
- It is an enjoyable experience to be a student on this campus.
- I am able to experience intellectual growth here.
- My academic advisor is concerned about my success as an individual.
Our students describe campus staff as “caring and helpful” and express greater satisfaction on items such as:
- Administrators are approachable to students.
- Admissions staff are knowledgeable, portray the campus accurately in their recruiting practices, and respond to prospective students’ unique needs and requests.
- Financial aid counselors are helpful.
- Residence hall staff are concerned about me as an individual.
"If you really want to meet people and make lasting friendships — choose Hastings. It really is like home. I love it here."
The SSI measures student satisfaction with areas such as academic advising, instructional effectiveness, campus safety and security, personal attention and more. The SSI measures how well we meet our students' expectations, and then compares their opinions with those of students attending other national private, four-year colleges and universities. The national comparison includes 253,294 student responses from 368 institutions.
You can see the results in the links below. To compare Hastings College with the national groups, see the Mean Difference (Satisfaction) column at the far right of the charts. The asterisks next to each number indicate the level of student satisfaction in terms of statistical significance, as follows:
*** greater satisfaction at the highest (.001) statistically significant level
** greater satisfaction at the next highest (.01) statistically significant level
* greater satisfaction at the third highest (.05) statistically significant level
No asterisks: no significant difference.
(Note: In the National Item Report, questions 1-73 measure both importance and satisfaction, questions 74-83 were not answered by our students, questions 84-89 measure satisfaction only, and questions 90 through 98 measure importance only.)
We are proud of our results on the SSI, and we want to continue to exceed our students' expectations. We are using the data to build on our strengths, to improve the quality of our academic programs and campus life, and to guide our commitment of financial resources to areas needing improvement.
If you wish to have a copy of the full report, please contact the Hastings College Office of Marketing and Communications at (402) 461-7327.