The Hastings College Scholars Academy is a one-week summer program designed to provide high ability students challenging and enriching opportunities in mathematics, communications, art, robotics or science. Staffed by highly regarded teachers, professors and counselors from Hastings College and across Nebraska, the residential program combines classroom learning with a variety of social and cultural events.
This upcoming Scholars Academy is scheduled for June 22-27, 2014.
Current seventh and eighth grade students for the 2013-14 school year who have proven ability in communications, mathematics or science are eligible to apply.
Checkout our Facebook group for updates, photos and more.
Registration will remain open until the program reaches capacity, but we strongly encourage the schedule below to guarantee your scholar a place. Registration is complete when the registration form and full payment or $100 deposit are received.
To participate, students must meet one of the following criteria:
- Participation in a gifted program at school, or
- Score at the 95th percentile or above in at least one area on a standardized achievement test such as the Iowa Test of Basic Skills, ACT, SAT, CAT or CTBS, or
- One letter of nomination from school official.
The 2014 brochure includes an application and information on the courses being offered this year.
Registration Deadlines for 2014
- April 1 – Early Bird Applications Due
- May 3 – All Applications Due ($100 deposit due with application)
- May 13 – Program Balance Due
Total program cost of $525 covers tuition, room, board, activities and professional staff and educators. There is a supplemental $75 fee for students enrolled in the art program to cover additional supplies for glass blowing and printmaking.
All forms and questions for the Hastings College Scholars Academy should be directed to:
Dr. Constance Malloy, HCSA Director
Department of Languages and Literatures
710 N. Turner Avenue
Hastings, NE 68901
Former participants give the Scholars Academy rave reviews!
- "I met so many new friends!"
- "I wish it were two weeks."
- "Awesome teachers."
- "It’s the best camp in the world."
- "The field trips were a blast."
- "I really learned a lot, wish I could come back next year."