Hastings College academic merit scholarships are awarded based on your standardized test scores and grade point average. Since you provide this information on your admissions application, there's no separate form fill out.
The amounts below are renewable each year provided you maintain satisfactory academic progress.
General Academic Awards
ACT GPA Academic Award
26 or higher 3.75 $14,000 Crimson Scholarship
26 - 29 3.5 $12,000 Ambassador Scholarship
23 - 25 3.0 $11,000 Ringland Scholarship
20 - 22 3.0 $10,000 Pro Rege Scholarship
If you demonstrate academic promise at Hastings College but do not qualify for our merit scholarship program, you may be eligible for the Hastings College Student Success Grant, valued at $4,000 per year.
Crimson Scholars Program
The Crimson Scholarship Program represents our highest and most prestigious awards, recognizing superior academic achievement and outstanding leadership potential. It offers you an opportunity to boost your academic award up to full tuition!
To qualify, high school seniors must do the following by January 6, 2014:
- Apply and complete all admissions requirements
- Maintain a 3.75 GPA or higher
- Score a 26 composite or higher on the ACT exam (or at least 1170 on the SAT exam)
- Complete a Crimson Scholars Program Application and an activities resume »
The Crimson Scholars Program is an opportunity to compete for additional academic scholarships up to $23,900 (full-tuition)!
If you're selected to participate you'll have an opportunity to explain to the Crimson Scholars Selection Committee what you plan to contribute to the Hastings College campus and earn a greater scholarship reward.
Crimson Scholars day is Sunday, Feb. 9, 2014 (inclement weather date is Feb. 16), and you may compete for one of the following:
- Walter Scott Scholarships (full-tuition)
- Trustee Scholarships (an additional $9,000 per year)
- President Scholarships (an additional $8,000 per year)
- Provost Scholarships (an additional $7,000 per year)
- Dean Scholarships (an additional $2,000-$3,000 per year)
By maintaining a 3.0 or higher GPA, you can renew these scholarships each year!
Scholarship winners will be announced by Friday, March 1, 2014.
Finalists unable to attend Crimson Scholars Day and participate in the interviews will still be awarded a Crimson Scholarship ($14,000 per year).
If you have additional questions, contact the Admissions Office at 402.463.7315.