1) I know I'm not going to qualify for federal need based aid. Do you still want me to file the FAFSA?
Filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) may enable you to receive additional non-need based federal aid or grants from Hastings College. Many factors affect the outcome of the FAFSA, such as the number of dependents in your family or the number of family members in college, so it is in your best interest to file the FAFSA.
2) Does out of state tuition apply?
As a private college, Hastings College does not charge extra for out-of-state students.
3) Why did I get different federal aid at one college than I did at another?
Your Pell Grant and Direct Stafford Loan amounts will typically be the same from one college to another. State grants and the Perkins Loan can vary in amounts because each college allocates these fund to students to fit their students' needs best.
4) How much will my books cost?
$250-500 per semester, although it can vary based on major. For example, biology and chemistry students may need to purchase lab coats and students in art courses may be required to buy paint or other supplies.
5) I know I will not qualify for federal aid based on last year's income but there has been a significant change in our family's financial situation -- what can I do?
You may request a review of your financial aid eligibility due to certain changes in circumstances not addressed on your original FAFSA. Contact Terri Graham, director of financial aid, at 402.461.7431.
6) How do I apply for financial aid?
Application for admissions is also the application for financial aid. In order to apply for Federal Financial Aid, students must complete the FAFSA after January 1.
7) Is there a deadline for completing the FAFSA?
We ask that you complete the FAFSA by May 1 so we can assemble the optimal financial aid package for you.
9) What are my payment options and when are fees due?
Hastings College offers three payment plans:
- Payment Plan - 10 convenient monthly payment starting August 1; 1 percent service fee.
- Parent Plus Loan - Credit-worthy parents are eligible to apply for a Direct PLUS loan to cover the full amount due.
- Payment In Full - Due prior to the end of the first week of classes each semester.
10) Will the college take a credit card?
We accept MasterCard, Visa, Discover and American Express. Additional fees may be applied by the electronic payment provider. We also accept debit card payments with no additional fees.
If you have questions, please contact our Financial Aid Office at 402.461.7431.