Dudley to be Inducted into Pro Rege Society
Retiring Hastings College President Dr. Phillip Dudley will be inducted into the Pro Rege Society on Thursday, April 28 at Lochland Country Club in Hastings. Membership in the Pro Rege Society is the highest non-academic recognition that Hastings College bestows. Criteria for selection may include, but is not limited to, extraordinary service to Hastings College, significant philanthropic contributions and/or unusual commitment to the College over an extended period. During his 38-year tenure, Dr. Dudley has served the College in several capacities: professor of economics, assistant to the president and vice president of the college. Inaugurated in 2000, Dr. Dudley became the 14th president of Hastings College and has come to be known for his dedication to the College, the students and the faculty and staff. Upon his retirement, Dr. Dudley and his spouse Donna plan to move to Omaha, where he will take a role assisting the Hastings College Foundation in its fundraising efforts. Tickets to the Pro Rege Society Dinner and Induction Ceremony are available for $75 per person or $550 for a table of eight by contacting the Barrett Alumni Center at (800) 775-2585 or by emailing email@example.com. More…
Dudley Memory Project
As the Hastings College community prepares to say farewell to Dr. Phil Dudley and his spouse Donna, the Alumni Association invites all alumni and friends to take part in a special Dudley Memory Project. Individuals are encouraged to take a few minutes to share their memories of Dr. and Mrs. Dudley and offer a personal message of thanks or best wishes. As these messages and notes are received, they will be posted for everyone to enjoy. To read more or to make your post, click here. You can also email your post or any photos of you and Dr. and Mrs. Dudley to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saying Thank You to Dr. Dudley
During his nearly four decades of committed service to the institution, Dr. Phil Dudley has helped shape the lives of thousands of alumni and current students. Over the past year, approximately 500 alumni, friends and past and current parents have committed over $28,000 in Dr. Dudley’s honor to the Dudley Students’ Fund. Paying tribute to Dr. Dudley’s career, this fund will support the greatest needs of Hastings College students. In addition, the Board of Trustees has agreed to match every dollar raised toward the Dudley Students’ Fund. Will you join those who have said thank you to Dr. Dudley by making a gift? A donation of any size will help. You can make your gift online or click here for more information.
Paying Tribute with Trees
The beauty of the Hastings College campus is due in part to the tradition of tree planting and care that dates back to 1883. From that first planting season, countless volunteers and professionals have committed their time and resources to care for and expand the Hastings College arboretum. In honor of those who have given so much to this project and in celebration of Arbor Day and Earth Day, the Hastings College Foundation invites you to honor or memorialize a loved one at Hastings College by sponsoring a tribute tree on campus. With your tax-deductible gift of $500, your tribute tree will become a beautiful addition to the campus and will pay tribute to your loved one with a commemorative marker. For more information about purchasing a tribute tree, visit the Hastings College Arboretum Website.
HC Runs the Bolder Boulder
Join “Team Hastings College” as HC Runs the Bolder Boulder in Colorado! Whether you are a veteran runner or just want to observe the race, the weekend will feature a variety of events for alumni, students, families, employees and friends. These events include a pre-race HC Pasta Dinner on Sunday, May 29 and a post-race alumni gathering at Folsom Field immediately following the race. For more information on the weekend’s activities or to register, visit the Hastings College Alumni Events Website.
Also, be sure to mark your calendar for these upcoming alumni events in the Colorado area:
- April 14: Denver Area After Hours at the Celtic Tavern, More…
- May 19: Greeley/Loveland Area After Hours at the Rockbottom Brewery, More…
The Ringland Society – Your Questions Answered
The Hastings College Ringland Society is a special group of alumni and friends who have chosen to leave a permanent legacy to Hastings College. Continuing from last month, the Hastings College Foundation will feature a series of articles that answer some of the most common questions received about the Ringland Society. If you have suggestions for future questions to be answered, please email email@example.com. You can also read more about planned giving at the Hastings College Planned Giving website.
| ||What types of gifts can I leave to Hastings College in my estate plans?|
One of the most common gifts Hastings College receives through estate plans is a monetary donation. However, there are several other avenues alumni and friends can consider when funding their planned gifts. These include:
- Stocks and securities
- Retirement plan assets
- Life insurance death benefits
- Real estate
- Other forms of personal property, such as automobiles or art collections
To learn more about how you can become a member of the Ringland Society or if you have questions, please contact Mike Karloff or any member of the Foundation staff at (800) 775-2585.
- The Hastings College Band will host a concert at the Hastings Masonic Center on Sunday, April 3 at 3:00 p.m. (Add to Outlook Calendar)
- The Hastings College Bell Choir and String Quartet will perform in Eastern Nebraska as a part of their Spring Tour. The first performance will be at 7:30 p.m. on Friday, April 8 at First Presbyterian Church in Bellevue (1220 Bellevue Boulevard South, Bellevue NE). The groups will also perform on Sunday, April 10 at the 9:00 and 10:30 a.m. worship services at Saint Paul United Methodist Church in Lincoln (1144 M Street, Lincoln NE) and again as a part of a “Bellapalooza” concert at 2:00 p.m. at the church. All performances are free of charge and open to the public.
- The Department of Music will host its annual Jazz Festival on Monday, April 11 with the Festival culminating in Jazz Festival Concert at 7:30 p.m. in the French Memorial Chapel. (Add to Outlook Calendar)
- Alpha Chi and the 2011 Academic Showcase Committee will present the 2011 Academic Showcase Day on Tuesday, April 19 at various locations across campus. When available, more information will be posted on the Academic Showcase Website. (Add to Outlook Calendar)
- The Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia music fraternity will host a recital on Saturday, April 30 at 3:00 p.m. in Perkins Auditorium. (Add to Outlook Calendar)
- The HC Singers and the Hastings College Men’s Choir will host a recital on Tuesday, May 3 at 7:30 p.m. in Perkins Auditorium. (Add to Outlook Calendar)
- The Hastings College Theatre Department will host its final show of the 2010/11 Season, Charley’s Aunt, May 5-8. For more information, visit the Hastings College Theatre Website.
- Hastings College athletics will participate in numerous events throughout the month of April. To see a full schedule of events, visit the Hastings College Athletics Website.
- To see a full calendar of upcoming Hastings College events, visit the Hastings College Online Calendar.
More to Come
This eNewsletter will be sent periodically throughout the year with up-to-date news for our alumni. To update your email address, log on to the online alumni community.