The mission of the Board of Trustees is to lift Hastings College to an even higher level of excellence and service. Through their counsel, prudent management and commitment to the principles of shared governance, the Trustees have guided Hastings College to its current stature as a highly-respected, national liberal arts college.
The Board of Trustees constitutes the legal governing body of Hastings College and the final authority for all policies in connection with students, faculty, organization and finances. The Board has the following responsibilities:
- The Board serves as the policy-making body of the institution in several major areas of leadership.
- As legal custodians of all financial resources of the college, the Board initiates and approves procedures for increasing the institution’s financial standing, authorizes investments including endowments and gifts, approves budget appropriations as prepared by administrative officers of the college, makes expenditure appropriations, and recommends improvement of the physical plant. The Board counsels with the President to determine college costs and fees.
- The Trustees exercise their direct control over the institution through the President, the college's chief executive officer, who serves as the Board's advisor and who is charged with responsibility to carry out the overall program of the college in accordance with stipulated policies and procedures. The President of the college is required, in accordance with the by-laws of the institution, to keep the Trustees informed regarding basic aspects of the college program.
- Glen Moss '74, chair
- W. David Scott '85, vice chair
- William C. Barrett ‘77, acting secretary
- Executive: Glen Moss '74
- Athletics: Roger Doerr
- Budget and Finance/Audit: William Barrett ‘77
- Buildings and Grounds: Paul Krieger '71
- Enrollment, Marketing and Student Life: Ann (Zook) Martin ’78
- Instruction and Faculty Relations: Jessica Meeske ‘91
- Technology and Compliance: William Langford ’92
- Governance and Nominating: David Scott '85